February 4, 2009

I Need a New Pair of Pants – So I Took the Plunge!!!

I love wide leg pants, always have/forever – even when they are not in style! Sigh! So when the wide-legged window opened I jumped through and stitched up a pair with Vogue 8131 using a lightweight men’s suiting in a grey Glen plaid. The fabric is a great color and weight. I have, and will continue to, get a lot of wear out of these slacks!

I like the finished product – they fit well with nearly zero adjustments to the pattern, are WIDE, and have a unique element at the cuff. My only issue is that they have a HIGH waist and WIDE waistband – which are both totally acceptable design elements but you need to be a size (-)1 to pull off that look! Otherwise I love these slacks!

The fabric was great to work with and the plaids lined up beautifully

High waist and wide waistband!

I love the BIG DEEP cuff detailing!

No comments: