I finally completed the infamous V. 8146 swing jacket! Check below for a quick slideshow of the completed garment. The jacket in gray wool started out as a 'muslin' in preparation for using an inspiration fabric that I purchased at Mood Fabrics this summer. Little did I know that I would end up loving this little jacket and ultimately deciding to save my inspiration fabric for a different design. Back to V.8146.... I made several alterations - some in the planning/design phase and several on the fly as the garment progressed! I lengthened the jacket as well as the sleeves before I cut the fabric. I would definitely make the same adjustments for the length if, no - when, I make this jacket again. However, I might try the next jacket with the 3/4 length sleeve as the pattern is designed. Because of the back inverted pleat, the back of the collar was VERY bulky - especially since the garment is made from medium weight wool. The jacket is unlined and does not include a back facing. I opted to add a back facing just in case I wanted to line the jacket. To avoid the "back bulk (!)" I used a wonderful silk dupioni for the under collar, back facing, sleeve hems (the photo above shows both sleeve options), and bias binding on the facings and the hem.