November 5, 2009

Remember What Isaac Mizrahi Said - LEARN TO SEW!


Looking for a place to start your sewing motor??  Would you like a place to practice your new found sewing skills between DC Threads Sewing Lounge sessions?  Don't want to travel to the 'BURBS - ever!!!!  Well, now you have a fabulous sewing resource in downtown DC!   My good friend and DC Threads co-founder has launched "Bits of Thread" - a sewing studio available for private or group sewing lessons.  All you need to bring is your enthusiasm, creativity, and fabric. 

Here is what Allison writes about the inspiration for the name "Bits of Thread":

“Bits of Thread” comes from one of the side-effects of sewing that I have come to love. After a long day of making a new summer dress or teaching a group of teenagers how to use a sewing machine for the first time, I’d come home with little bits of thread still stuck to my shoes, clothes, and even in my hair– little reminders that I was doing something I loved. Whether you come for one class or for many, I hope to share some of my joy for this art form, and maybe get a few bits of thread stuck to you too.

So come on all you budding sewists - give Allison a call and then stop by the DC Threads Sewing Lounge and join the fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh... I think this would be a great opportunity for a "Sit and Sew" reunion! Is there good fabric shopping in the area, too?