September 13, 2009

So I Love the Lounge!!

Sweet September at DC Threads! The project for this month was a stylin' laptop sleeve.



Juliana nailed it with her Ikea fabric and handles!
I'm thinkin' I may need to grab the seam-ripper and add a pair of handles to mine! Great idea by Coach Emily and stellar execution by Juliana!

We had a great turnout AGAIN! Our new registration process sort of worked. Lots of folks signed up early but only a third of them showed up - but we had loads of drop-ins so we still had a full house. Gotta figure out how to get folks to either come if they registered or respond to our email request to let us know if they are not able to join us! If anyone has any ideas how to solve this conundrum drop me a line! I am certainly not complaining - it's a wonderful problem to solve!

But let's talk about the amazing sewists that joined us yesterday - a great mix of ages, expertise, experience, and interests. We spanned the ages from 10-80 and tackled chair cushions, recycle/restyling jeans to a dress, lots of easy breezy blouses, tote bags, etc., etc.....

A HUGE thank you to our amazing volunteers/sewing coaches! The Lounge is a successful because of all of you!! Thanks thanks thanks!

Enjoy the photos and hope some of you will stop by October and celebrate our 1 year anniversary!


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
.

1 comment:

JC said...

Hi Laura and Allison: That's a nice bag. One lady also finihed the handbag pattern. I made a correction on my blog: from Laura to Lauren :-). I was guessing of the age of the older lady: I said 80, and one lady told me her daughter was 8. Nice pictures. See you soon